About org management
You can perform a wide range of people management tasks from the Org Chart and the Data Sheet, ranging from creating jobs to editing employee information. When you perform these actions in your primary org, changes go into effect immediately, so it’s important to understand everything you can do, as well as the impact of each task.
You can perform tasks including:
- Adding new jobs in multiple ways
- Backfilling jobs
- Editing individual or multiple jobs
- Filling jobs with new hires or existing employees
- Terminating people
- Transferring or promoting people
- Adding new people to your org
You can complete most tasks on either the Org Chart or the Data Sheet. Where relevant, instructions have been provided for both. Work from the Org Chart when you want to view your organization as a hierarchy and from the Data Sheet when you want to see a large amount of data at once in a list view.