This page contains a list of keywords that are used for basic and advanced querying.
Keywords in Carrot are words or phrases that do any of the following:
- Joins two or more clauses together to form a complex Carrot query.
- Alters the logic of one or more clauses.
- Alters the logic of operators.
- Has an explicit definition in a Carrot query
- Performs a specific function that alters the results of a Carrot query.
Returns true where the value of a given field and a given expression partially match.
A logic operator used to evaluate the truthiness of two or more expressions.
A logic operator used to evaluate the truthiness of at least one expression in a sequence of expressions.
A logic operator used to return a defined expression based on the truthiness of one or more other expressions.
Evaluates the truthiness of an expression, and returns the value of one of two expressions based on that outcome.
Evaluates the truthiness of the first expression, and returns its value if that value is truthy. If the value of the first expression is not truthy, it returns the value of the second expression.
Used to retrieve a property of a given field.