Creating and managing groups
To capture the structure of your ChartHop organization, you can create independent teams, or assign multiple teams to a department.
To create a team:
- From the Settings option in the left navigation bar, select Groups.
- Select Create team from the the Teams tab.
- From the New Team dialog box, configure your team using the following settings:
- Team name - The name of the team.
- Team code - A short code or code number used to uniquely identify the team in other systems.
- Aliases - An alternative name that can be used for the team when syncing with remote systems. Learn more.
- Color - The color that will be applied in the org chart to the team.
- Image - An image shown on the team's profile page.
- Parent group - The group that this group is a child under.
- Select Save when you're done.