ChartHop, by design, is an extensible data platform. All of your organization's information can be accessed or updated programmatically via API.
Apps and integrations
In order to programmatically extend ChartHop, you will want to create a ChartHop App.
An App, once installed, functions as a special type of user with access permissions that you control.
An App can also do the following:
- Take actions and retrieve data just like a normal user via the REST API.
- Can listen for events that occur on ChartHop, such as organizational changes, via a webhook notification endpoint.
- Events that match the criteria you select will be sent via HTTPS POST to your endpoint, within a few seconds of occurring on ChartHop.
An App can be just for your organization, or you can build an App that can be installed by any organization in ChartHop after being subject for approval.
To get started, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: New App Request.
Then include the following information:
- The name of the App
- The name of the org the App is for
- A description of the App you want to create
- Which permission levels the App requires (see Access levels)
- If the App is for your organization only, or if it is to be distributed to other orgs
- If the app be using the REST API, event notifications via webhook, or both
- If you are using a webhook endpoint, and if so, the URL for that endpoint
Pending approval, ChartHop will create and install an app in your org's account which will include:
- An API Authorization Token that can be used to access the REST API on behalf of the app
- Your webhook URL
ChartHop's API is described using the Swagger/OpenAPI specification at: https://api.charthop.com/swagger.
We recommend Swagger Codegen to generate a client library in the language of your choice.
Please email email@example.com for questions or assistance working against the API.