Apps and integrations
ChartHop, by design, is an extensible data platform. All of your organization's information can be accessed or updated programmatically via API.
In order to programmatically extend ChartHop, you will want to create a ChartHop App.
An App, once installed, functions as a special type of user, with access permissions that you control.
- The installed app can take actions and retrieve data just like a normal user via the REST API.
- An app can to listen for events that occur on ChartHop, such as organizational changes, via a webhook notification endpoint. Events that match the criteria you select will be sent via HTTPS POST to your endpoint, within a few seconds of occurring on ChartHop.
An App can be just for your organization, or you can build an App that can be (subject to ChartHop's approval) installed by any organization in ChartHop.
Email , subject line New App Request and include the following information:
- Name of the app
- Name of the org the app is for
- Description of the app you want to create
- What permission levels does this app require?
- Is this app for your organization only, or do you want this app distributed to other orgs?
- Will the app be using the REST API, event notifications via webhook, or both? If you are using a webhook endpoint, what URL is that endpoint?
Pending approval, ChartHop will create and install an app in your org's account which will include:
- An API Authorization Token that can be used to access the REST API on behalf of the app
- Your webhook URL
ChartHop's API is described using the Swagger/OpenAPI specification at . We recommend to generate a client library in the language of your choice.
Please email for questions or assistance working against the API.
If you want your app to listen to changes as they occur on ChartHop, learn about Events and Notifications.