We generally recommend you start with a Payroll Sync. This way, your information will always stay up-to-date from your existing system of record.
But if your payroll provider is not supported, you may want to get started by uploading a spreadsheet of your current roster in CSV format. Create the spreadsheet using Excel or Google Sheets, then upload on the page.
- When uploading, be sure to select the tab.
- If you are importing a custom field, it must first be created in ChartHop. When uploading, you must use the field name in ChartHop, not the field label. So if you have a field named perfRating that is labeled Performance Rating (Manager Evaluation), you should use perfRating as the column name.
CSV format: required columns
The top row of your CSV should contain column names. You must include the following columns at a minimum:
- (should be the name of the person being reported to, leave blank for org head)
- (for example, "Bob" instead of Robert)
- (if the person is an ex-employee)
- (Voluntary or Involuntary)
- (can be a semicolon-separated list of team memberships, for example: Team A; Team B)
- (name of office, or Remote)
- (name of compensation band, for example L5)
- (Full Time, Part Time, Contract, Temp, Intern, Ex-Pat)
- (annual, for example $50,000)
- (annual bonus or OTE, for example $25,000)
- (if paid hourly, for example $15.50)
- (three letter currency code, if non-USD)
- (Female, Male, Nonbinary, Prefer Not)
- (Asian, Black, Hispanic/Latino, Native American, Pacific Islander, Two or More, White, Prefer Not)
- (line 2 of address)
- (use two-letter code, e.g. US)