Installing the ADP Data Connector
This section covers setting up the ADP (Legacy) app, which allows you to sync your employee roster to ChartHop.
For a full list of data fields included in the integration, see Synced data from ADP.
The Data Connector is installed through the ADP Marketplace.
The Data Connector requires a $360/yr fee paid to ADP.
- The purchasing/installing user will need to have admin privileges in ADP WFN.
- Navigate to the ChartHop Data Connector marketplace listing.
- Click Buy Now
- During checkout, you will be asked for your Authorization Code.
- To find your Authorization Code, from the left sidebar, select Apps & Bundles.
- From the sub-menu, select Authorization Codes.
5. Once purchased, the ADP Data Connector app will be installed in your ChartHop org automatically. 6. After checkout, you will need to give ChartHop consent to access your ADP data. Check your email for the consent link, generally titled "Connection Request". This email will be sent from an ADP email address. Follow the instructions in the link to grant ChartHop access to your ADP data.
- Expand the Advanced settings section.
- Use the following table to guide you through advanced settings decisions.
Missing location information
Select one of the two options for what should happen if location information is set for an open role:
Advanced sync options
Select the data changes you want to include in your sync. You can include some or all of the following employee data:
Overwrite person fields
ChartHop recommends using this setting to avoid needing to update both ChartHop and your payroll system when a change is made to any field value that is synced from your payroll system.
When you choose this option, your payroll system remains the source of truth for the following fields in ChartHop: birthdate, gender, home address, and so on. Any edits you or an employee make to this data in ChartHop are overwritten during synchronization. This can pose an issue when someone uses ChartHop to update employee fields in ChartHop, without requesting an update in the source system.
Choose whether or not you want to sync historical data. You can turn this off if you want to exclude any historical changes before the date of your initial sync.
To exclude specific individuals from the sync, enter their unique payroll system IDs here, separated by commas.
Include ADP companies
Indicate the ADP companies you want to include in your sync. You should set this only if you track multiple companies in your ADP instance.