Installing the Deel app
This section covers setting up the Deel integration app, which allows you to sync your employee roster to ChartHop.
For ChartHop to access your organization's Deel payroll data, you need to obtain an API token from Deel. This information allows ChartHop to connect to Deel to receive your employee data.
- Sign in to Deel.
- Select Apps and Integrations from the left navigation menu.
3. In the upper right, select Developer Center.
4. Select Generate New Token under the Organization Tokens tab in the API access section.
5. Label your token (example: "ChartHop Token").
6. Select all scopes.
7. Copy the provided API token.
- Be sure to copy these IDs in a safe place before navigating off this page as it will not be accessible again.
8. Select Close when you've copied your API IDs and secret.
Note that you can revoke access at anytime by selecting Invalidate from within the Personal Tokens list. You can also generate a new API token by repeating steps 1-8.
After you have your Deel API credentials, you can install the Deel integration app in ChartHop.
- You'll be prompted to configure your payroll app when you select Install.
- In the Organization Token box, enter the token that you copied above.
Configurable app settings are coming soon. For now, select "Next step" to finish installing the Deel app.
After running your first sync, you can use the Data Sheet and Org Chart pages to spot-check your data. You can use the Sync History page to verify when the sync was run and if it encountered any issues.
You should spot-check your ChartHop org for the following:
- Correct management reporting lines
- Employee names on profiles
- Job titles
- Start dates
Remember that most issues with your synced data originate in your payroll system. ChartHop allows you to visualize your employee data to make finding these discrepancies easier. Still, you’ll need to fix any data discrepancies in your payroll system and rerun the sync to view the fixes in ChartHop.