Integrating Greenhouse and the ChartHop Greenhouse app
This section covers the process for setting up your API to begin syncs between Greenhouse and the ChartHop Greenhouse App.
To get started, you will need to obtain API access from Greenhouse. You'll need to obtain an API key by following the steps below.
- Access Apps and Docs.
- Open Greenhouse.
- Ensure that your user has been granted the Can manage ALL organization’s API Credentials permission in “Developer permissions.” You may need help from a Greenhouse admin.
- Navigate to the API Credentials page in the Dev Center.
- Select Create New API Key
- For API Type, select Harvest. For Partner, select ChartHop. For Description, leave the default entry.
- Copy the Harvest API Key.
Once you've received the necessary information from Greenhouse, do not share this information with anyone outside of your organization, as it enables direct access to your data within Greenhouse.
The following permissions must be applied to the Harvest API Key. Leave all options as default, and manually enable the options below.
GET: List Pending Approvals
PUT: Add a job permission
GET: List user roles
GET: Custom Fields
GET: Custom Field Options
In order to use the API credentials you gathered above, you'll need to install the Greenhouse app in ChartHop. To install the Greenhouse app, simply:
- Navigate to Apps and Integrations in ChartHop.
- Find Greenhouse in the list of available apps.
- Select Install on the far right-hand side of the table.
In order for ChartHop to access your Greenhouse data, you'll need to enter the Greenhouse API credentials you obtained above. In addition, there are a number of other configuration settings available to you.
Greenhouse sync options are the following:
The domain used by your Greenhouse instance. For example, if your domain is example.greenhouse.io, then your subdomain is example.
Harvest API Key
The Harvest API key generated in Greenhouse.
With this option enabled, the ATS app will run automatically every day.
Resync On Daily Run
With this option enabled, ChartHop will update Greenhouse with new changes on the daily run.
Sync On Change
With this option enabled, changes to job statuses will be automatically pushed to Greenhouse when they are made.
With this option enabled, the sync direction is reversed - Greenhouse becomes the system of record, and ChartHop is updated with new open roles from Greenhouse.
When enabled, reconciles Greenhouse role and field data with ChartHop. This option cannot be used with Reverse Sync enabled. Learn more.
Remote Location As Default
With this option enabled, newly synced records that are not assigned a location will be assigned the value Remote Location.
Reuse Closed Jobs
With this option enabled, formerly closed jobs will be reused for closely matching, newly opened jobs.
Match Jobs By Job Code
When enabled, will set ChartHop job codes to match job Requisition ids in Greenhouse. Job codes will be used in junction with Group Job Openings. Learn more.
For which options to choose when configuring your settings, we recommended the options illustrated below:
On the right are the required settings for the ChartHop Greenhouse App which include:
- Run Daily (minimum required setting)
- Sync on Change (minimum required setting)
- Reuse Closed Jobs
On the left, you'll find the corresponding Status Mappings between ChartHop and Greenhouse when creating new roles.
In order to notify ChartHop of roles that have been hired in Greenhouse, you will have to set up a webhook in Greenhouse.
Follow the steps below to set up the webhook.
Name this webhook
Candidate has been hired
Error recipient email
Once the above information has been entered, ChartHop will automatically update open jobs that have been filled in Greenhouse.
ChartHop offers a couple of ways to group openings under one requisition in Greenhouse.
- Navigate to the Apps and Integrations page
- Select Greenhouse.
- Scroll down to Group Job Openings.
You will then have three options. They are as follows:
- Title: Matching on Job Title will take all roles opened within ChartHop with a similar title and group those openings under one requisition once pushed to Greenhouse.
- Title and Location: Matching on Job Title and Location will take all roles opened within ChartHop with a similar title AND location and group those openings under one requisition once pushed to Greenhouse.
- ”Loose” Matching: Please contact your CSM or Support team for additional options.
These openings will still show up as separate roles in ChartHop. They will only be grouped under the same opening on the Greenhouse end.