The map is a visualization tool built on top of ChartHop's powerful people analytics platform.
By default, all employees can access the map and view everyone’s work locations. Users who have access to sensitive data have an additional option to view employees either by their home or work address.
To protect employee privacy, exact addresses and locations are concealed and map pinpoints are randomized based on zip code. Only employees with Owner role or a role that gives them access to sensitive information can see exact locations. Learn more.
As you create and assign locations to employees in your Groups, they display on the map.
A summary of the number of employees and open roles displays at the top left corner of the map. When employees do not have a defined location, they are indicated as missing locations. You can click on the number of missing locations to open up the Data Sheet with a pre-populated list of those employees.
Filtering the Map view
You can use filters to highlight specific teams, departments, and functions on the map.
Filter maps using scenario data
The built-in filter feature lets you apply filters to your primary organization data (in other words, your organization's current structure).
However, you can also apply filters to your map based on scenarios you have created. Learn more.
To apply data filters to your map based on existing scenarios:
- Select a scenario from the Scenario dropdown menu. The dropdown list displays Primary as a default.
- Selecting the scenario opens the scenario in draft mode. The Map tab of the scenario displays.
- Apply your filters. The filters apply to the scenario data.
Remember that data filtered on the map is only scoped to the selected scenario. It does not apply to your primary/current organization data.
Visualize map data
For a quick visual, you can apply highlights to employees on your map using the Visualization tool. Select a visualization category from the Visualization dropdown menu.
Other helpful categories to visualize include:
Setting work locations
The map displays any office or remote locations for employees who have a work location address set up. You can set addresses for office and remote locations in the Locations tab of the Groups page. Learn more.
If you do not see your work locations appear on the map, check to make sure that they've been assigned both a city and a country.
Set a work location for an employee
As an administrator, you can set a work location for an employee using the Set work location option on the employee profile.
To set a work location:
- Navigate to the employee profile for the person whose work location you want to set.
- On the employee profile, select the View on Org Chart ▼ dropdown.
- Select Set work location.
- Select from one of the three options:
- Office - Select Office when the employee is working out of the office defined for the job in the Locations field. This can be an office or remote location that you’ve defined as a Location group. Learn more.
- Home - Select Home when the employee is working from their home address location, defined for the employee in the Home address fields of their basic info.
- Other Location - Select Other Location and enter an address when the employee is working from another work location.
- Select Save location when you're done.