You can navigate ChartHop by using the icons on the left sidebar. Select More to view pages that aren't currently listed.
The most commonly used pages are listed by name in the left sidebar. The number of icons included changes depending on the size of your browser window (or screen resolution). The most common layout is depicted below.
ChartHop is a browser-based application. If you don't see what you expect to see on a page, try clearing your browser's cache.
- Home - Home page of the application; a portal for employees.
- Org Chart - Visualize how your organization is structured, including people and jobs present in your organization.
- Data Sheet - Used to quantify and manipulate data related to jobs and people present in your organization.
- Map - Visualize your organization on a map of the world.
- Reports - View pre-configured reports or set up your own.
- Scenarios - Plan and execute proposals for changes to your organization.
You can view additional pages in ChartHop's secondary navigation. Select More to view the list of pages. Not all pages are available to all ChartHop customers or users within ChartHop.
- More - Provides access to additional pages.
- History - Shows a timeline of changes made by users and integrations.
- Reviews - Plan and forecast compensation changes for Org members.
- Compensation reviews - Review compensation using scenarios and Carrot filters.
- Templates - ChartHop's inbuilt templating engine so you can pull and render complex data from the application.
- Help - A convenient link to this documentation. 🙂
- Email Support - Allows you to create an email to send to ChartHop technical support.
Use the toggle in the image below to hide all sensitive data from view. This can be useful when browsing the application in a public setting.
- Sensitive information toggle - This privacy-focused feature is accessible from any module in the system. When enabled, all sensitive information is hidden from view as you browse ChartHop.
- Status overlay - The quickest way to check the currently enabled sensitivity setting in the application. Hover over the toggle icon to check whether sensitive information is currently being hidden.
ChartHop's universal search module gives you the ability to locate a variety of data objects in the system, such as jobs, people, locations, etc. Use cmd-k on a Mac or ctrl-k on a PC to quickly toggle the search bar from anywhere.
- Search icon - Available from anywhere in the application. Pulls up the search bar.
- Search bar - Search through jobs, people, groups, reports, and scenarios.
Advanced management tasks and customization options are available from the Settings (gear) icon. You can configure the settings of your organization as well as manage groups and users. Customization features such as custom fields, custom forms, and customizing employee profile tabs are also available here. Only those with permission to access these features can view them.
- Import spreadsheet data - Allows you to upload spreadsheet data.
- Categories - Allows you to categories your fields for use in filters.
- Fields - Create, manage, and view custom fields.
- Forms - Create and manage forms and their access levels.
- Profile tabs - Modify the default access level and layout of custom tabs for employee profiles.
- Groups - Manage all groups in the system, such as departments and locations.
- Users - Make changes to user data or revoke session access.
- Apps - Browse all of the installed and available apps and bundles in ChartHop.
- Sync history - Track data synchronization.
- Org settings - Configure general settings, currencies, approvals, SSO, and stock valuations.
- Billing - Access billing information.
Under profile settings, you may configure and update various details about your profile including your name and picture. Depending on your access level, you may also have the option to view the Org as another user.
- User settings - Password, user profile image, and date formatting options are found here.
- View as - View ChartHop as a different user. Only available to users with the adequate access level.
- My profile - View your employee profile.
- Sign out - End your ChartHop session. We'll see you next time! 👋