At ChartHop, we aim to provide a pleasant and intuitive experience while navigating the application. Each app module is represented on the sidebar, and accessible from any page for your convenience.
The most commonly used modules are listed at the top of the sidebar. The number of modules displayed here may change depending on the size of your browser window (or screen resolution). The most common layout is depicted below.
Figure 1: Basic navigation on the sidebar.
- the home page of the application; a portal for employees.
- used to visualize and manipulate the jobs and people present in your Org.
- a powerful tabular data tool. Used to quantify and manipulate tabular data related to jobs and people present in your Org.
- a great way to visualize your Org on a map of the world.
- the best way to set up valuable Org reports for use and re-use at any time.
Below the most commonly used modules, you'll find the secondary navigation. These modules are typically listed under the "More" menu item. Remember, some modules will be displayed directly on the sidebar, depending on the size of your browser window (or screen resolution).
Figure 2: Secondary navigation on the sidebar.
- the only way to access the hidden navigation items.
- used for forecasting, planning, and demonstrating growth.
- shows a timeline of changes made by users and integrations.
- the best way to plan and forecast compensation changes for Org members.
- ChartHop's inbuilt templating engine. Able to pull and render complex data from the application.
- a convenient link to this documentation. 🙂
- pulls in the ChartHop support email address into your default email client.
Use the toggle in the image below to hide all sensitive data from view. This can be useful when browsing the application in a public setting.
Figure 3: Hide sensitive data with the sidebar toggle.
- this privacy-focused feature is accessible from any module in the system. When enabled, all sensitive information will be hidden from view as you browse the application.
- the quickest way to check the currently enabled sensitivity setting in the application. Hover over the toggle icon to check whether sensitive information is currently being hidden.
ChartHop's universal search module gives you the ability to locate a variety of data objects in the system, such as jobs, people, locations, etc. Use cmd-k on Mac or ctrl-k on PC to quickly toggle the search bar from anywhere.
Figure 4: Search anywhere.
- available from anywhere in the application. Pulls up the search bar.
- type what you're looking for!
Org management, configuration, and integration options are listed under the "Settings" menu. Advanced features such as custom fields, custom forms, group management, and user management can be found here. This menu item be absent if you lack the necessary permissions.
Figure 5: Customize your Org from the Settings module.
- available from anywhere in the application. Takes you to the settings module.
- need to bring external data into the system without setting up an API sync? You'll need to upload a CSV.
- SSO, stock valuations, and general information, such as Org phone number and logo can be found here.
- access billing information here.
- unlock the true potential of ChartHop with customized fields that let you take control of your data.
- create and manage forms and their access levels.
- modify the default access level and layout of custom tabs on user profiles in your Org.
- manage all groups in the system, such as departments and locations.
- make changes to user data or revoke session access.
- browse all of the installed and available apps and bundles in ChartHop.
You can choose from a list of available Orgs from the Org switcher in the event that you belong to more than one Org in ChartHop. Switching Orgs will change the Org data visible in ChartHop, and apply the relevant permissions granted to you in the alternate Org.
Figure 6: Switch orgs from any page.
- easily access the list of available Orgs from anywhere in ChartHop.
- the Orgs listed here are determined by the email used to login. Any Orgs associated with your email will be available to you.
All profile related actions, such as logging out, or updating your profile picture are done here. Depending on your access level, you may also have the option to view the Org as another User.
Figure 7: Access your profile settings with ease.
- the currently logged in account.
- password, profile picture, date formatting options are found here.
- view ChartHop as a different user. Only available to users with the adequate access level.
- end your ChartHop session. We'll see you next time! 👋