Nine box ratings
Nine box ratings allow managers to give employees ratings that are used to create nine box groups for employees automatically. Managers can only enter and view ratings and generate nine box groups for employees that report to them. Other ChartHop users such as HR leaders have access to this information as well, depending on their access level.
Managers can assign nine box ratings to their employees from the respective employee's profile page.
- From the left sidebar, select Org Chart.
- In the Org Chart, double-click the employee whose profile page you want to view.
- Choose Nine-Box Rating from the Complete tasks menu.
- Choose both a Potential rating and a Performance rating for the respective employee.
- Select Submit.
Use the Data Sheet to view employees' nine-box ratings to get a holistic view across your organization or team.
- From the left sidebar, select Data Sheet.
- On the Data Sheet page, choose Select columns.
- Select the following columns to display: Performance Rating, Potential Rating, and Nine Box Group.
- Optionally, filter the Data Sheet to show only your team or department. Learn more.
For ChartHop administrators
The below information is for ChartHop users with permission to modify fields and forms, and install ChartHop bundles.
Nine box rating fields and forms are part of the Nine Box Rating bundle. Learn more.
Fields and forms included for Nine Box ratings
Nine box (smart calculation field; cannot be directly edited)
Nine box group (smart calculation field); cannot be directly edited)
Customize nine box fields
You can customize the values of nine box fields to match the language your organization wants to use to define nine box ratings. You should make any edits to fields before you start using them as to maintain the integrity of the data collected. Learn more.
- From the left sidebar, select the Settings (gear) menu and choose Fields.
- From the row menu (⋮) next to the field to edit, select Edit.
In the Edit custom field dialog, edit the description of the field and/or the labels used for the fields.
- Select Save when finished making changes.