Nine box ratings
Nine box ratings allow managers to give employees ratings that are used to create nine box groups for employees automatically. Managers can only enter and view ratings and generate nine box groups for employees that report to them. Depending on their access level, other ChartHop users, such as HR leaders, have access to this information.
Managers can assign nine box ratings to their employees from the respective employee's profile page.
- From the left sidebar, select Org Chart.
- In the Org Chart, double-click the employee whose profile page you want to view.
- Choose Nine-Box Rating from the Complete tasks menu.
- Choose both a Potential rating and a Performance rating for the respective employee.
- Select Submit.
Use the Data Sheet to view employees' nine-box ratings to get a holistic view across your organization or team.
- From the left sidebar, select Data Sheet.
- On the Data Sheet page, choose Select columns.
- Select the following columns to display: Performance Rating, Potential Rating, and Nine Box Group.
- Optionally, you can just filter the Data Sheet to show only your team or department. Learn more.
The below information is for ChartHop users with permission to modify fields and forms and install ChartHop bundles.
You can customize the values of nine box fields to match the language your organization wants to use to define nine box ratings. It would be best if you made any edits to fields before you start using them to maintain the integrity of the data collected. Learn more.
- Select the Settings (gear) menu from the left sidebar and choose Fields.
- From the row menu (⋮) next to the field to edit, select Edit.
In the Edit custom field dialog, edit the description of the field and/or the labels used for the fields.
- Select Save when finished making changes.
Nine Box Rating
Nine box (smart calculation field; cannot be directly edited)
Nine box group (smart calculation field); cannot be directly edited)