With the Slack integration app, you can import your employee photos, contact information, and employee time zone information from your Slack instance. Once you've installed the Slack app, you can DM Slack users directly from the respective employee’s profile in ChartHop. Note that for a Slack user to receive your DM, they need a ChartHop account.
- You need to be a Slack administrator to install. If you don’t have appropriate permissions, grant ChartHop Technical Owner access to a member of your IT staff who does have Slack administrator permissions.
- Although our Slack integration app is already in use for many ChartHop customers, we are still going through the app approval process with Slack.
You can also sync additional Slack fields, such as an employee's pronouns or business function, by creating custom fields in ChartHop and synchronizing additional Slack data to those ChartHop custom fields.
To install the Slack app:
- Select Apps from the Settings (gear) menu from the left sidebar.
- Select the All apps tab.
- Find the Slack app in the list of available apps.
- Select Install on the far right.
- Follow the steps outlined in the app setup wizard.