Using ChartHop to open jobs
When you configure your Lever Acquisitions app to have an outbound flow, ChartHop serves as the primary source of truth for open jobs. Depending on the status of a job in ChartHop, it translates to a specific status for the same job in Lever.
Open job creation recommendations
When you use ChartHop to open jobs in an outbound data sync, there are a few things to note:
- Syncing outbound from ChartHop to Lever bypasses approval workflows in Lever. As a result, you should leverage scenarios in ChartHop when proposing new open roles or edits to open roles.
- Lever requisition field values are updated to ChartHop’s if any changes are made, therefore you should only make changes in ChartHop to mapped fields as opposed to directly in Lever.
- Only one Location is accepted in Lever, so if multiple Locations are present in ChartHop, only the first Location will be passed into Lever.
- A department in ChartHop cannot be mapped to a custom Lever field, and a custom field in ChartHop cannot be mapped to Lever Department.
Outbound job status mappings
ChartHop job statuses map to Lever job statuses in the following ways:
Create a job
With the Lever Requisitions app enabled, ChartHop's open jobs list becomes the system of record for open jobs. Recruiters, hiring managers, financial planners, and team leads can all look at ChartHop for a real-time view of which roles are open and how recruiting is going without needing access to Lever.
To avoid potential org data issues, we recommended that you create new jobs via scenarios as opposed to directly in Primary.
When an open job in ChartHop is set to Active recruiting status (either when someone creates or updates a new job), a req code is automatically created in Lever if not provided in ChartHop manually. The mapped Lever requisition is changed to On Hold in Lever if the open job is set back to an inactive status. Similarly, when the job is removed from ChartHop, it is deleted in Lever.
If you create a new job in ChartHop with a recruiting status set to Active without a req code, a new req code is automatically generated by looking through the most recent req codes for that department, and incrementing the number (for example, from ENG-8 to ENG-9).
To create a new job in ChartHop, follow these steps:
- Select Org char from the left side bar.
- In the Org chart, create a new job by either:
- Adding a direct report by selecting Add a direct report under a pre-existing person or role.
- Creating a new job by selecting New hire under a pre-existing person or role.
- In the Create job dialog enter your information for the new role using your custom fields and ChartHop’s recommended fields beneath the following tabs:
- Structure - General information about the role, including title, department, and location.
- Compensation - Compensation information about the role, including salary and bonuses.
- Recruiting - Recruiting information about the role, including hiring status and start date.
- Description - A general description about the role.
Once a candidate is hired in Lever, the job in ChartHop is set to pending status, and the hired candidate is announced in ChartHop, with their start date being the specified start date in the Lever offer.
Job hiring status
Any open roles with a Recruiting status set to Active in ChartHop flow from ChartHop to Lever. Mapped Lever Requisitions are placed On Hold in Lever if the mapped ChartHop job is changed to an Inactive or Passive status in ChartHop. The mapped Lever Requisition is deleted if the ChartHop job is removed.
ChartHop job status
Result in Lever
Active or Offer
A new Open Lever requisition is automatically created.If the ChartHop Job was already mapped to an existing Lever Requisition, the Lever requisition is set to Open.
Inactive or Passive
The Lever requisition is set to On Hold.
The Lever requisition is deleted.
The Lever requisition is set to Closed.
We do not recommend changing the ChartHop job status to Pending manually. Rather, when a candidate is hired in Lever, the ChartHop Job status is automatically changed to Pending to reflect the hire.
You can fix any data discrepancies by forcing ChartHop to reconcile data with Lever outside of a regularly scheduled sync To handle these cases in bulk, you can enable the Lever Requisitions integration app's Reconciliation feature.
During a data reconciliation, ChartHop bulk changes all Lever requisitions to match what is in ChartHop. With Run Daily enabled in the Lever Requisitions integration app configuration settings, reconciliations are triggered on a daily basis. You may also manually trigger the reconciliation by selecting the Sync Jobs button located at the base of the app settings page.
Reconciliations are only available for outbound job data flows.
To manually run a data sync reconciliation:
- Navigate to Apps from the settings (gear) menu in the left side bar.
- Select the All Apps tab.
- Scroll the list down to the Lever Requisitions app.
- Select the Lever Requisitions app.
- From the ChartHop Lever Requisitions app settings page, scroll down to the bottom of the settings page.
- Select Sync Jobs.