Using the Compensation bands wizard
When you configure your compensation bands in ChartHop, you use a wizard that allows ChartHop to provide you with a custom spreadsheet template that you can then use to upload your compensation band information. The answers you provide allow ChartHop to create your bands and identify how they map to your organizational structure, including target pay, currency, location multipliers, and so on.
Once you have completed the wizard, you can download a spreadsheet that matches your exact requirements and fill in the values you need, including target pay, job levels, and locations/multipliers. Uploading the spreadsheet and cleaning up any data is the final step.
Only users with the Owner or Org editor role can access the Compensation bands wizard.
To create compensation bands:
- From the left sidebar, select More and select Compensation bands.
- Select Let's Get Started to view the setup questionnaire.
- Complete the questionnaire.
- You can navigate forward or backward to update your answers.
- Compensation band tiers are based on built-in or custom fields (for example, Department ).
- If you don't have the field you need, you can select Add a new field to create a new custom field to use as a compensation band tier.
- When you're finished, a table displays a preview of all the columns that are included in your spreadsheet.
- Select Download to download the customized spreadsheet.
- Complete the spreadsheet with your compensation data. Learn more.
- When you are ready to upload, return to the Compensation bands section to upload your spreadsheet and select Next step.
- Use the Tidy up your data page to review and correct any mistakes in your data. Then select Next step.
- Select Save.
- Choose a date when you want your bands to be effective. Assigning an effective date helps you track the history of your compensation bands as your organization grows.
- Select Save. Any warnings/errors that may have occurred display on this screen.
- (Optional) Select View pay bands to view your bands or select Map your jobs to bands to begin mapping your bands to your existing jobs. Learn more.
Roles: Owner | Org editor