Workday Adaptive Planning
The Workday Adaptive Planning app runs outbound from ChartHop to Workday Adaptive Planning so you can use your ChartHop data in Workday Adaptive Planning to run financial models and perform analysis. You can sync data daily, hourly, weekly, monthly, or as needed.
Effective dating is not supported, meaning that data cannot be stored with an individual date (for example, a promotion date).
Custom field mapping is supported, so you can make any data point in your ChartHop organization available in Workday Adaptive Planning. Please direct custom field mapping questions or requests to ChartHop Professional Services or Support.
The Workday Adaptive Planning app syncs your ChartHop data to a Custom Cloud Data Source in Workday Adaptive Planning. The Custom Cloud Data Source always has access to the most recent data from ChartHop.
After you install the Workday Adaptive Planning app in ChartHop, you’ll set up Loaders in Workday Adaptive Planning, which will pipe data from your ChartHop Custom Cloud Data Source to your Workday Adaptive Planning Sheets.
You can configure Loaders to run on a schedule or as needed. ChartHop recommends that you configure Loaders to run daily, so your Sheets—and the financial models that run on them—always have the latest ChartHop data.
The following diagram shows how ChartHop integrates with Workday Adaptive Planning.
You install the Workday Adaptive Planning app in ChartHop with an install wizard. You’ll also need to complete some steps in Workday Adaptive Planning (including setting up a Custom Cloud Data Source and importing the ChartHop data structure). ChartHop’s in-app wizard provides full instructions.
To install the Workday Adaptive Planning app, you’ll need to be comfortable configuring external data sources in your Adaptive instance, or have access to a resource who can perform this task. For detailed information, view the Workday Adaptive Planning documentation (Workday login required).
To install Workday Adaptive Planning in ChartHop:
- From the Settings menu (gear icon) in the left sidebar, select Apps.
- Select the All apps tab.
- Under Available apps, locate Workday Adaptive Planning and select Install.
- Select the blue Install button on the page that appears.
- Follow the instructions in the setup wizard. ChartHop recommends accepting the defaults for Advanced settings, which make all employee types available in your synced data.
After you install the Workday Adaptive Planning app, you can map ChartHop custom fields to your Workday Adaptive Planning Sheets using any column names you prefer.
To map custom fields:
- From the Settings (gear) menu in the left sidebar, select Apps.
- Select My apps and bundles.
- Next to Workday Adaptive Planning, select Configure (gear icon).
- Select the Field mappers tab.
- Select Add field mapping and then select Add Field Mapper.
- Under ChartHop Field, enter the ChartHop custom field to map while leaving Optional Charthop Default blank.
- Under Mapper Type, select One to One.
- Under Remote Fields, enter any field name, preceded by job. For example, you could map ChartHopField to job.MyChartHopField. MyChartHopField would be the column name in your Workday Adaptive Planning Sheets.
- Click Save field mappers to finish configuring custom fields.