Building a form
After saving your form, you can start building it by adding section headers and associate question blocks to help you gather information.
Headers allow you to name sections and add explanatory text about the information you are gathering. Question blocks allow you to add questions and configure how respondents can reply to those questions.
Use header sections to inform your respondents about the form’s purpose or to introduce a question or set of questions.
- On the Forms page, select the blue hyperlink of the form you want to build or edit. Your selected form opens in the Form Builder.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select the blue header link in the Add a question or header block at the bottom of the form.
- Edit your header as needed. Use the editing bar to format your text, add hyperlinks, or add images.
When you add a question section, you can choose from already added questions or create new ones. Adding already added questions can save time when you are repeating a quarterly employee survey, for example. Over time, your organization will organically develop a library of questions that you can choose from.
However, when you create a form for the first time, you create all new questions. You can add various types of questions such as those requiring single word answers to numerical scale questions that help you measure degrees of satisfaction, such as a scale of 1-5.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select the blue question link in the Add a question or header block at the bottom of the form.
- Type the question you'd like to ask. Similar questions (if any) from prior forms are suggested as you type, if any.
- Select the New Question + Field to further define your question from the options in the table below.
- Select whether you want this question to be required by using the slider in the upper right of the question block.
- Click outside the active question block to collapse it when you are done.
The exact question that will be shown.
Indicates whether this question must be answered in order to submit the form.
The name of the new custom field that will be created to store answers to this question.
Field code name
The code name of the new field when using Carrot.
The data type assigned to this question.
The entity type this field is associated with. (Ex. Jobs, People, etc)
The sensitivity level, which determines access to data stored in this field across the Org.
You can move your headers and questions around if needed so that your form is easy to read and suits your needs. To do this, drag and drop a block to a new location on the form, either above or below its current location. The drag zone is in the top-middle of each block.