Create a spreadsheet template
You can use the Data Sheet to design a spreadsheet that you can use to upload data. On the Data Sheet, you can select the columns you want to use in your spreadsheet and then download a .csv that can serve as a template for your import.
You need to include any required fields as columns. Required fields vary according to the type of data you are uploading. For example, when uploading data associated with an employee, you need to include the name of the employee and their manager.
Uploading images via a spreadsheet is not supported. Be sure to deselect that column before downloading your .csv.
- Select Data Sheet from the left sidebar.
- Select Select Columns.
- Select the columns you want to include in your spreadsheet template in the Select Columns dialog. Be sure to unselect the image column.
- Select Export CSV or select the Edit ▼ dropdown and select Export CSV. The Export CSV dialog displays.
- In the Export type dropdown, select the Data Sheet export type.
- Select Export.
- Select Download. The spreadsheet opens in your default spreadsheet application.
- Delete all of the rows in the spreadsheet except for the header row.
- Complete the new spreadsheet and upload it to ChartHop.
Open a Data Sheet CSV download in Excel
When you open a Data Sheet .csv download in Excel, you’re prompted with a Text Wizard to ensure the data displays correctly.
- Open the file you downloaded in Excel.
- In the Excel Text Wizard, select Delimited and select Next.
- Select Comma and deselect Tab, and then select Next.
- Select Finish.
Updated 16 May 2023
Did this page help you?