Roles: Technical owner | Org editor
You can create departments to fully capture the structure of your ChartHop organization.
To create a department:
- From the Settings option in the left navigation bar, select Groups.
- Select Create department from the the Departments tab.
- From the New Department dialog box, configure your department using the following settings:
- Department name: The name of the department.
- Department code: A short code or code number used to uniquely identify the department in other systems.
- Aliases: An alternative name that can be used for the group when syncing with remote systems. Learn more.
- Color: The color that will be applied in the org chart to the group's members.
- Image: An image shown on the group's profile page.
- Parent group: The group that this group is a child under.
- Function: The designated business function assigned to the group.
- Functions are fixed categories and cannot be customized.
- Select Save when you're done.
Updated 18 May 2023
Did this page help you?