Create a location
You can create locations to capture your office spaces within your ChartHop organization.
To create a location:
- From the Settings option (gear icon) in the left navigation bar, select Groups.
- Select Create location from the Locations tab.
- In the New Location dialog, configure your location using the following fields:
- Location name - The location's name.
- Location code - A short code or code number used to uniquely identify the location in other payroll, equity, and ATS systems.
- Aliases - An alternative name that can be used for the location when syncing with remote systems. Learn more.
- Color - The color that will be applied in the org chart to the location.
- Image - The image used on the location's profile page.
- Location Type - A dropdown for assigning the location as either Remote or Office. Required in order to display locations on the Map. Learn more.
- Remote - For non-physical locations. Does not offer the option to include a full street address.
- Office - For physical locations. Offers the option to include a full street address.
- City - The location's city. Required.
- State - The location's state.
- Country - The location's country. Required
- Postal - The location's postal or zip code.
- Select Save when you're done.