Customizing the integration
With custom field mappers, you can configure your integration to better match your job data between ChartHop and Lever.
You can map additional Lever fields to add or change what data is given to ChartHop.
Keep in mind that there are some exceptions, so for more information about managing custom field mappings, please contact your ChartHop implementation specialist.
You can use custom field mappers to override the default field mappings. For example, you can pull a custom field into a ChartHop default field, or vice versa (to push a ChartHop custom field into a default field on Lever). Similarly, you can disable default field mappers.
Group fields like Department, Team, and Location cannot be custom mapped.
To create a custom field mapper, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Apps from the settings (gear) menu in the left side bar.
- Select the All Apps tab.
- Scroll the list down to the Lever Requisitions app.
- Select the Lever Requisitions app.
- From the ChartHop Lever Requisitions app settings page, scroll down and select the Add Field Mapper button.
- Enter your Lever custom field Code name under Remote Field, appended with the correct endpoint.
- To ensure that your Lever field parses correctly, your Remote Fields must be preceded by the correct endpoint (job., offer., etc.), and structured as follows:
- The endpoint (such as job) + custom_fields. + your Lever Immutable Field.
- In the ChartHop Field, enter the field or Carrot expression you wish to map to the previously entered Lever custom field.
As an example, if you wanted to map a ChartHop custom field like targetSalary to the Lever custom field targetBase, then you’d want to set up your field mapper like in the image below:
You can map multiple ChartHop fields to a single Lever field.
Ensure you are using the correct name of the field(s) you want to map. Incorrect names will cause the mapping to fail.