Customizing the Jobvite app
With custom field mappers, you can configure your integration to better match your job data between ChartHop and Jobvite.
You can map additional Jobvite fields to add or change what data is given to ChartHop.
Keep in mind that there are some exceptions, so for more information about managing custom field mappings, please contact your ChartHop implementation specialist.
You can use custom field mappers to override the default field mappings. For example, you can pull a custom field into a ChartHop default field, or vice versa (to push a ChartHop custom field into a default field on Jobvite). Similarly, you can disable default field mappers.
Group fields like Department, Team, and Location cannot be custom mapped.
To create a custom field mapper, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Apps from the Settings (gear) menu in the left side bar.
- Select the All Apps tab.
- Scroll the list down to the Jobvite app.
- Select the Jobvite app.
- From the ChartHop Jobvite app settings page, scroll down and select the Add Field Mapper button.
- Enter your Jobvite custom field Code name under Remote Field, appended with the correct endpoint.
- To ensure that your Jobvite field parses correctly, your Remote Fields must be preceded by the correct endpoint (job., offer., etc.), and structured as follows:
- The endpoint (such as job) + custom_fields. + your Jobvite Immutable Field.
For example, job.custom_fields.targetBase.
- In the ChartHop Field, enter the field or Carrot expression you wish to map to the previously entered Jobvite custom field.
As an example, if you wanted to map a ChartHop custom field like targetSalary to the Jobvite custom field targetBase, then you’d want to set up your field mapper like in the image below:
You can map multiple ChartHop fields to a single Jobvite field.
Ensure you are using the correct name of the field(s) you want to map. Incorrect names will cause the mapping to fail.