The Data Sheet provides a list view of your organization, which is helpful when you need to customize how you see your organization's data or edit the data for multiple employees at once.
You can use the Data Sheet as a source of truth for all the job and people data within your organization. This page gives you the ability to create a customized view of your data for all of your planning needs. You can control what data displays on the page by customizing the columns you need and sorting by a particular column. You can also use filters to refine which employees and jobs are included in the list.
The fields visible on this page are dependent on your permissions.
You can refine the Data Sheet to display only the data you need. The Data Sheet includes the following built-in views that you can select from the top of the page:
- The Data Explorer view includes all people in your organization and the following fields as columns: Name, Job Title, Manager and Department.
- The People view includes all people in your organization and the same fields as columns as the Data Explorer with additional columns that display team and location.
- The Open Roles view displays all open roles and includes a complete set of recruiting and hiring fields as columns.
You can customize which fields are used as columns.
- Select Data Sheet from the left sidebar.
- On the Data Sheet page, choose Select Columns.
- In the Select Columns dialog, select or clear the corresponding check box next to each field you want to display in the list.
- Reorder the columns by dragging the fields in the Column order list.
- (Optional) Select the X to delete a column you don't want to use.
- Select Apply to save your changes.
As with most pages in ChartHop, you can filter the data displayed on the Data Sheet. With filtering, you can choose to see only those people and/or jobs in your organization that you are interested in. For example, you can filter by department or particular changes like departing employees and so on. Learn more.
ChartHop filtering also allows you to create complex filters based on your organization structure as well as most field data. For example, you can filter on all managers that have at least two direct reports.
Use Field rules to refine your data to only those employees or jobs that meet certain criteria, like filtering the list for all employees who have birthdays in June.
On the Data Sheet, you can get a visual breakdown of the information under most column headers or perform a quick calculation on any column that contains numbers.
To see a visual breakdown for any column that doesn't contain numbers, hover over the column heading. For example, you can view jobs by department.
To perform a calculation on any numeric column, select the down arrow on the left side of the header row and choose Average, Maximum, Minimum, or Sum. The result is displayed on the right.
For example, you can view average base salary instead of the default, total base salary.