Working with fields
Fields store information about your org, your people, and your jobs. For example, you might design a form for one-on-one meetings between your managers and their direct reports and leverage a custom field to capture feedback about what went well that week. Or, add a custom field that shows employee business units so members of your org can view that information on the Data Sheet.
Fields are made up of the following elements:
- Field label - Field name; indicates how a field is displayed in ChartHop.
- Field code - Unique identifier for a field; used in ChartHop’s search language, Carrot Query Language (CQL).
- Data type - The type of information stored in a field, such as text, dates, or numbers. Learn more.
- Applies to - Whether the field applies to a person, a job, or a person in a job. Learn more.
- Dated - Whether the field has an effective date; for example, the announce date for a new hire.
- Sensitivity - The level of data access a ChartHop user must have to view this field's data. Learn more.
- Category - Groupings for fields; defines how they’re displayed on the Data Sheet.