Managing a compensation review
Once you’ve launched a compensation review, you can use the Cycle overview to see the overall progress of the review cycle.
The timeline lets you know the current step of the compensation review process and the Cycle progress shows you where each of your reviewers and approvers is in the process. You can also send reminders to make sure reviewers and approvers keep the compensation review as a priority.
You can temporarily pause an active compensation review to make additional adjustments or edits to the following:
- Reassign a reviewer
- Add an eligible employee to the compensation review
- Remove an eligible employee from the compensation review
- Change budgets and guidelines settings
When you pause a compensation review, all reviewers and approvers are blocked from accessing the compensation review for a temporary period. They can access the compensation review again only once you have resumed the compensation review.
To pause and resume an active compensation review:
- Open an existing compensation review with a status of Active.
- Select Pause & edit at the top right of the screen. The Pause comp review dialog displays.
- Select Pause. This pauses the compensation review and makes the settings fields available for editing.
- In the Cycle settings tab of the compensation review, make edits to the settings you want to change.
- Once you’re finished editing, select Resume review. The Resume comp review dialog displays.
- Select Resume. The compensation review is active and all reviewers and approvers are able to access the compensation review once again.
ChartHop notifies you, the compensation review owner, when specific events occur in your ChartHop organization that affect your active compensation review.
For example, when a departure occurs that impacts the compensation review, ChartHop automatically handles this departure by:
- notifying you of the departure within the Notifications dialog from the left sidebar
- automatically removing the departed employee
- automatically reassigning any reviews and approvals to the departed employee's manager
After you launch your compensation review, you can use the data set from the compensation review within ChartHop reports.
When you access a report and select the Scenario dropdown, any launched compensation reviews you have access to display within the dropdown options.
You must be an Owner of a compensation review to be able to view and select it from the Scenario dropdown.