Propose a termination in a scenario
In your headcount planning scenario, you can propose to terminate an employee. Terminating an employee can archive both the employee and their role.
To propose a termination:
- From the Data Sheet tab, select the row for the person you are terminating.
- Open the action menu at the left side of the row you wish to edit.
- Select Terminate. The Terminate person dialog displays.
- In the Terminate Person dialog, enter the following information:
- Last day - The person's last day in the system.
- Announce data - The date when the departure will be visible in the org chart.
- Departure type - The conditions of the departure.
- Backfill job - Determines whether the position will remain open.
- Reason - The reason for the termination.
- Notes - Additional notes regarding the termination.
- Select Save to Scenario to save your changes.
Once the scenario is merged to primary and the termination goes into effect, terminated employees cannot be queried in the Data Sheet. However, they display in the History tab when you filter for departures.