Create a backfill for a job
You can backfill directly from the Org Chart to reflect that you intend to replace a current employee. When you backfill, the employee remains on the Org Chart until terminated and a new open job is created with a start date of two months from today’s date, rounded down.
When a backfill should not display to the rest of your ChartHop organization, be sure to set Sensitivity to Highly sensitive so that only recruiters with Sensitive access can view the open role. Learn more.
To add a backfill for a job:
- From the left sidebar, select Org Chart.
- On the Org Chart, select the person to backfill.
- In the Profile Summary, from Edit job menu, select Backfill.
- In the Backfill job dialog, edit the job information copied from the backfilled employee as follows:
- Structure - General information including title, department, and location.
- Compensation - Compensation information including salary and bonus.
- Recruiting - Recruiting information including hiring status and target start date.
- Description - A general description of the role.
- Custom fields - Any custom data added by your organization, if available. Learn more.
- Select Save to Primary. A new backfill appears on the Org Chart.
You can also create a backfill from the Data Sheet. To do this, in the row menu (⋮) on the left side of the row for the person to backfill, select Backfill.
Backfill a person who has left your org
You can create a backfill for a person who has left your org. To do so, use the date slider at the top of the Org Chart to go back to the person’s last day. Then, add a backfill. The backfill appears in your current ChartHop Org Chart.
Viewing historical backfills
ChartHop saves backfill information for every position. This information is Sensitive (learn more). You can view information about which jobs were backfilled and by whom in two ways:
- On the Org Chart, go to a person's profile and open the Job History tab to view all historical backfills for a job.
- On the Data Sheet, go to Select columns > Recruiting and select Historic Backfill to view the most recent backfill for a job.
On the Data Sheet, you can also use Backfill For to view the most recent backfill for an open job. This field is Org Public, but is cleared when a person is assigned to a job.