Installing the Sapling Onboarding from Kallidus app
This section covers setting up the Sapling Onboarding from Kallidus integration app, which allows you to sync your employee roster to ChartHop.
For ChartHop to access your organization's Sapling payroll data, you need to create an API key in Sapling that you can use in ChartHop. This information allows ChartHop to connect to Sapling to receive your employee data.
- Log onto Sapling as a user with administrator permissions.
- In Sapling, go to the Integrations page.
- From there, go to API keys.
- Choose Create New Key.
- Name the API key "ChartHop".
- Copy the API key to a safe place.
- When accessing Sapling, take note of the Sapling subdomain name. In this URL example, acme.sapling.com, acme is the subdomain.
After you have your Sapling API key, you can install the Sapling integration app in ChartHop.
You'll be prompted to configure your payroll app when you select Install.
- Enter your Sapling subdomain in the field provided. In this URL example, acme.sapling.com, acme is the subdomain.
- In the Create your API key step, copy the API key you created to the provided field.
- Select Next step.
- Expand the Advanced settings section.
- Use the following table to guide you through advanced settings decisions.
Missing location information
Select one of the two options for what should happen if location information is set for an open role:
Advanced sync options
Select the data changes you want to include in your sync. You can include some or all of the following employee data:
Overwrite person fields
ChartHop recommends using this setting to avoid needing to update both ChartHop and your payroll system when a change is made to any field value that is synced from your payroll system.
When you choose this option, your payroll system remains the source of truth for the following fields in ChartHop: birthdate, gender, home address, and so on. Any edits you or an employee make to this data in ChartHop are overwritten during synchronization. This can pose an issue when someone uses ChartHop to update employee fields in ChartHop, without requesting an update in the source system.
Choose whether or not you want to sync historical data. You can turn this off if you want to exclude any historical changes before the date of your initial sync.
To exclude specific individuals from the sync, enter their unique payroll system IDs here, separated by commas.