Installing the Ultipro app
This section covers setting up the Ultipro integration app, which allows you to sync your employee roster to ChartHop.
Before you can install the Ultipro app, you need to create an Ultipro user account and enable some specific permissions. Link your Ultipro user account to the Ultipro app in ChartHop using your created login credentials when you install the app.
To create an Ultipro user account:
- Login to Ultipro, and navigate to System Configuration.
- Select Service Account Administration.
- Select Add.
- Enter a Username, Password, and Email for for the account
- Select the Web Service permissions and enable view permissions for the following options:
- Employee/User-defined fields
- Personnel Integration
- Select Save.
For ChartHop to access your organization's Ultipro payroll data, you need to use your Ultipro Customer API key. The key is automatically created when you create your Ultipro user account and configure your Service Account Administration settings.
To access your Ultipro API key:
- In Ultipro, navigate to Service Account Administration.
- Copy the Customer API key.
You need the domain/service host name when you install the Ultipro app in ChartHop.
To access your Ultipro domain/server host name:
- In Ultipro, select Menu.
- Select System Configuration.
- Select Security.
- From the Web Services page, copy the Domain/Service Host Name in the following format:
- service$.ultipro.com (where $ is a numeric value).
After you have your Ultipro Customer API key and service account administration credentials, you can install the Ultipro integration app in ChartHop.
When you select Install, you'll be prompted to walk through configuring your payroll app.
- Enter your Service Account Username and Service Account Password in the provided fields.
- Paste your Ultipro Customer API key to the provided field.
- Paste your Domain/Service Host Name to the provided field.
- Select Next step.
Missing location information
Select one of the two options for what should happen if location information is set for an employee.
Advanced sync options
Select the data changes you want to include in your sync. You can include some or all of the following employee data:
Overwrite person fields
ChartHop recommends using this setting to avoid needing to update both ChartHop and your payroll system when a change is made to any field value that is synced from your payroll system.
When you choose this option, your payroll system remains the source of truth for the following fields in ChartHop: birthdate, gender, home address, and so on. Any edits you or an employee make to this data in ChartHop are overwritten during synchronization. This can pose an issue when someone uses ChartHop to update employee fields in ChartHop, without requesting an update in the source system.
Choose whether or not you want to sync historical data. You can turn this off if you want to exclude any historical changes before the date of your initial sync.
To exclude specific individuals from the sync, enter their unique payroll system IDs here, separated by commas.
Generally, the company ID should be left blank unless otherwise informed by your ChartHop Customer Success team.
Job change history
When importing job data into ChartHop, include changes within the specified period.