Job matching for payroll syncs
ChartHop provides Job code matching which allows you to connect your open jobs and new hires between ChartHop and your payroll systems.
With job code matching you can create custom fields that map data between ChartHop and your preferred payroll system allowing you to:
- Match jobs between ChartHop and your payroll system without needing to rely on an ATS.
- Prevent the creation of duplicate jobs.
To use requisition code matching, your setup must do the following:
- Your new roles must be opened directly in ChartHop.
- New hire information must only come in from payroll syncs and not from an ATS.
- Your payroll system must have some type of system where unique codes are assigned to jobs such as a job, requisition, or budget code, and those codes must be API accessible.
Use case: Syncing new hire information automatically into open ChartHop jobs
Anya's organization hires several new software engineers and captures the information in their payroll system, including a req code for each job. Anya wishes to sync the new hire data like salaries, addresses, phone numbers, emails, and other information from her payroll system into ChartHop. Anya’s company does not integrate ChartHop with an ATS system.
- Within her payroll system, Anya uses a field called “Req code” to associate an alphanumeric code with new jobs.
- Anya creates a custom field in ChartHop called "Req code".
- Within ChartHop, Anya creates a new job of a Software Engineer and assigns the same req code as is associated with the open job in her payroll system such as ENG-110.
When Anya runs a new payroll sync, the jobs created in ChartHop with the matching **ENG-110 code **are updated with all the mapped information from the payroll system.
To configure your ChartHop organization for job code matching, you must:
- Decide whether to use an existing ChartHop field or create a new field to be used for the matching job code.
- Work with ChartHop implementation to have the new field mapped and the option turned on for your org.
- After implementation, ensure that each time you open a job, you complete the ChartHop field. The value for the ChartHop field must match the expected value from your payroll system in order for new jobs to be sync'd.
Configuring job code matching in your ChartHop organization requires as special setup and must be enabled by a ChartHop implementation specialist.