Setting up a job matching field
This section covers the process of setting up ChartHop fields to match open jobs and new hire data between ChartHop and your payroll system during payroll syncs.
Setting up job matching fields require the following steps:
- Create a job matching field
- Enable a job matching field
- Map a job matching field
You can either create a custom field, or select an existing ChartHop field to have linked to your payroll system. Learn more.
The field you create or use must meet the following requirements:
- Must be used only for mapping to the payroll field you choose.
- Must apply to jobs.
- Must be short text.
When creating a custom ChartHop field, be sure to check the Enable edit dialog option to ensure that the field will appear in the Custom tab, section of your job's profile page.
After creating your matching field in ChartHop, it can be enabled with the assistance of a ChartHop implementation specialist.
After selecting a valid field in ChartHop, you now need to link it to a field in your payroll system. To link the two fields, you must set up a field mapper connection in your ChartHop payroll integration app's configuration settings.
To map your job matching field between ChartHop and your payroll system, do the following:
- Navigate to Apps from the settings (gear) menu in the left side bar.
- Select the All Apps tab.
- Scroll down the list and select your payroll's integration app.
- Install and apply the app's basic needed configurations if not yet installed.
- Select the Field mappers tab.
- Select Add Field Mapper
- In the ChartHop Field, enter your custom or built-in job matching field.
- In the Remote Field, add your payroll system's remote job field.
- Select Save.