Using a job matching field
Once you have a job matching field configured and mapped in ChartHop, you can match jobs from your payroll system to the jobs you create in ChartHop by applying your payroll system's job code value to a custom job matching field when creating and editing jobs in ChartHop. When you have associated ChartHop open jobs with matching job codes from your payroll system, those open jobs are updated with any new hire information during your payroll sync.
To prevent data sync errors, ensure you associate each ChartHop job with the related job code value.
To match a ChartHop job to a new hire from your payroll system data:
- Select Org chart from the left side bar.
- In the Org chart, create a new job by either:
- Adding a direct report by selecting Add a direct report under a pre-existing person or role.
- Creating a new job by selecting New hire under a pre-existing person or role.
- In the Create job dialog, under the Custom fields tab, enter your job matching code.
- Select Save
Note that you can also set multiple job matching field code values to new jobs via a job data import through csv by adding a column for the field and setting the values.