Move a person to a new job
You can move a person to a new role in your ChartHop organization by assigning them to an open role. When you do this, you specify whether the move is a transfer, promotion, or demotion.
You can also move a person from the Data sheet. To do so, select the Action menu (⋮) on the left side of the row for the person to move. In the menu that displays, select Move person.
To move a person to a new job:
- From the left sidebar, select Org Chart.
- On the Org Chart, select the person to move.
- In the Profile Summary, from the Edit job menu, select Move person.
- At the top of the ChartHop window, select the filter icon to display the Filters dialog.
- In the Filters dialog, select Open jobs to display all open jobs.
- Select the job into which you want to move the person.
- Select Move.
- In the Move Person dialog, add the following information:
- Move date - The date on which the move takes place.
- Announce date - The date on which the move will be announced.
- Move type - Whether the move is considered a Transfer, Promotion, or Demotion.
- Notes - Any additional notes related to the move.
- Select Save to primary to finish moving the person.