The Owner role is the broadest access role that can be granted. Those with the Owner role have no limitations to what they can do in ChartHop and has access to ALL sensitive data.
Those with the Owner role can edit all employee data in ChartHop and access ALL ChartHop administration pages, which allows them to configure integrations, create new fields and forms, and start Compensation or Performance reviews.
Someone with this role can also configure integrations with ChartHop, such as a payroll app or Slack. Owners are also allowed to install ChartHop bundles which can contain forms, fields, and reports. Users with this role can grant others access to ChartHop.
All roles have standard access, which includes the following:
- Access to all non-administrative functions of ChartHop, including scenarios and reports.
- Ability to view their own compensation data and the compensation data of those who report to them.
- Can edit or hide their own personal data.
Data sharing rules apply to all users regardless of role. Owners of artifacts like scenarios, reports, compensation reviews, and forms can restrict access to the respective artifact by person or filter.
You can apply a filter to this role to have it apply to a subset of users; for example, all managers within a department or only HR leaders in a specific location.
Typical ChartHop responsibilities for someone with this role:
- Granting access roles to other employees.
- Inviting employees to use ChartHop.
- Managing headcount plans and jobs, including merging scenarios into your primary org data.
- Configuring ChartHop for your organization, including installing integrations.
- Creating compensation and performance reviews.
- Creating employee surveys (new fields and forms)
- Employee data management,
- Creating and sharing reports.
Common organization titles for users who need the Owner access role:
- HR Business Partner
- VP/Head or Director of People
- People Operations
- Head of M&A
- VP/Head/Director of Talent
The tables below list how users with this role can use the respective pages. If a page is not listed, the role does not grant access to that page.
Only users with sensitive data access can view future-dated org changes, such as unannounced promotions and so on.
Sensitive data access
Import spreadsheet data