The Technical owner role is the second most broad access role that can be granted. Those with the Technical owner role can access organization-wide administration pages to create new fields and forms, create groups and configure organization-wide settings.
Someone with this role can configure integrations with ChartHop, such as a payroll app or Slack. Technical owners are also allowed to install ChartHop bundles which can contain forms, fields, and reports. Users with this role can grant others access to ChartHop.
Those with the Technical owner role have NO access to sensitive data except their own and of those who report to them.
All roles have standard access, which includes the following:
- Access to all non-administrative functions of ChartHop, including scenarios and reports.
- Ability to view their own compensation data and the compensation data of those who report to them.
- Can edit or hide their own personal data.
Data sharing rules apply to all users regardless of role. Owners of artifacts like scenarios, reports, compensation reviews, and forms can restrict access to the respective artifact by person or filter.
You can apply a filter to this role to have it apply to a subset of users; for example, all managers within a department or only HR leaders in a specific location.
Typical ChartHop responsibilities for someone with this role:
- Installing and managing data integrations
- Creating forms and fields, including determining data types to use for fields and where and when forms are displayed in ChartHop.
- Configuring ChartHop for use within your organization, including org-wide settings like configuring SSO, org currencies, and so on.
- Inviting employees to use ChartHop and granting access roles.
- Creating and sharing reports.
Common organization titles for users who need the Technical Owner access role:
- Can view their own compensation data and personal data.
- Can view compensation data for those in their reporting line.
The tables below list how users with this role can use the respective pages. If a page is not listed, the role does not grant access to that page.