Troubleshooting and FAQ
This section covers a series of potential issues you may run into when setting up or configuring your Lever Requisitions App in ChartHop, as well as their recommended solutions.
Which ChartHop roles are required for creating and viewing open jobs?
There are two access levels in ChartHop specifically designed for Recruiters:
- Recruiting Editor - These users are allowed to view and make changes to open jobs, including target compensation levels and sensitive jobs. They are not allowed to make changes to, or access sensitive data about current employees, other than those they manage. This permission is generally intended for Recruiting roles or those managing the ATS.
- Recruiters - These users are allowed to view sensitive information about open jobs only, including target compensation levels and viewing all sensitive jobs. They are not allowed to make changes to the primary timeline, or access sensitive information about current employees other than those they manage.
Other access levels with the ability to open roles:
- Org Editor - These users are allowed to view all information, and make official, permanent changes to the primary timeline. This access should be restricted tightly and limited to a few authorized individuals in HR, Finance, or similar roles.
- Owner - These users are allowed full access to everything, including the ability to change user permissions, configure integrations, and alter organization-wide settings. Because of the scope involved, this access should be tightly restricted.
Where are metrics coming from?
ChartHop, once daily, pulls a list of candidates in Lever, and updates metrics based on the stages that the candidates are in.
Why did the job fail?
In case a jobs fails to be properly created, you can check for the following:
- Confirm that your API and Webhook credentials are correct.
- Confirm that your Hiring Manager and Recruiter have accounts in both ChartHop and Lever with the same email address.
- Ensure that your teams match between ChartHop and Lever.
- Ensure that there are no teams with the same name across different departments in Lever. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should this occur.
Why did a hiring fail?
In the case a hiring fails, you can check the following:
- Confirm that an email has been provided for the candidate
- Ensure that the Lever Req ID field is mapped to the correct job. You can contact email@example.com if you need assistance with this.
- Be aware that we do not support internal transfers.
Data sync updates
When do updates for ChartHop to Lever job data flows push over?
Updates for ChartHop to Lever job data flows push over in the following cases:
- If a ChartHop Job has not already been mapped to a Lever Requisition (e.g., no value in ChartHop's Lever Req ID field), the initial sync will occur when the ChartHop Job is turned to Active recruiting status in Primary.
- If a ChartHop Job has already been mapped to a Lever Requisition (e.g., there IS a value in ChartHop Lever Req ID field), updates will sync over to Lever regardless of recruiting status (e.g., even if marked to Inactive, updates will sync over to Lever).
When do ChartHop jobs get created for Lever to ChartHop job data syncs?
ChartHop jobs are created for Lever to ChartHop job data syncs in the following cases:
- If a Lever Requisition has not been mapped to a ChartHop Job, a new ChartHop Job will only be created if the Lever Requisition is Open.
- If a Lever Requisition has already been mapped to a ChartHop Job, updates will sync over to ChartHop regardless of status until the ChartHop Job is filled (after which no updates are synced).
How do I safely clean up roles that were accidentally duplicated during the sync?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to fix this.
How should I support the setup for my ATS when there are different Departments or Teams between my ATS and payroll system?
The best practice is to leverage aliases. When aliases are present, if the Department or Team name doesn’t work, ChartHop attempts with aliases, next.
For example, if the Team in Lever is Contractor but the Team in ChartHop is Contract, if there is an alias attached to the ChartHop Team called Contractor, we’ll be able to sync into Lever’s Contractor team.
Why was Recruit status changed to Pending?
Recruit status can change to Pending for one of three reasons:
- Manually changing the status
- Receiving a new hire webhook (pending new hire) for the job
- Changing the Offer Accept Date will effective date Recruit status changing to Pending on the date selected for the offer acceptance date