Update your current organization
You can import a CSV or spreadsheet file to make updates to people in ChartHop. Ensure that the data in your file conforms to ChartHop's formatting requirements.
To update people in your ChartHop organization, complete the following steps:
- From the Settings menu (gear icon) in the left sidebar, select Import Spreadsheet data.
- On the right side of the page, select Update current org.
- Select Download template. A CSV template downloads to your computer.
- Add your data to the CSV template, including any optional columns.
- Save the template under a new name.
- On the Upload your spreadsheet page, drag the template to the target area.
- (Optional) To create new people and jobs in your ChartHop org, select Allow spreadsheet to create new people and jobs. Note that this feature is set on by default.
- Select Upload to org.
- For any fields in your spreadsheet that weren’t automatically matched to a ChartHop field, select a ChartHop field to match to your spreadsheet column. You may need to scroll to see all unmatched fields, which are highlighted in red.
- Once all columns are matched, select Continue with import to finish importing data.
- (Optional) When upload is complete, select View Details to see a summary.
When matching spreadsheet columns with ChartHop fields, select None of these to skip a column. Skipped columns are not imported.
Work email is required, and should be the first column in your file.
Include any of the following columns, depending on what information you want to update.
Employee's job title.
Email address for the employee's manager.
Any first name or nickname that is different from legal name.
Any last name or nickname that is different from legal name.
Full legal middle name.
Alphanumeric string representing the employee.
Annual base income.
Hourly base income.
Hours Per Week
Number of hours worked per week.
Annual bonus or on-target earnings (OTE) in currency.
Annual bonus in percent.
Type of variable compensation: bonus or commission.
Three-letter currency code, if non-USD, for the currency the job is paid in.
Name of the compensation band. Note that bands must be created first. Learn more.
Date of Birth
Employee's birth date.
Department the person belongs to.
Employment status, as follows:
Employee's geographic location.
The team or teams the employee belongs to; separate multiple teams with semicolons.
Employee's mobile phone.
Employee's home phone.
Employee's work phone.
Employee's street address.
222 Example St.
Employee's apartment, if any.
Employee's postal code.