Troubleshooting and FAQ
Which ChartHop roles are required for creating and viewing open jobs?
There are two access levels in ChartHop specifically designed for Recruiters:
- Recruiting Editor - These users are allowed to view and make changes to open jobs, including target compensation levels and sensitive jobs. They are not allowed to make changes to, or access sensitive data about current employees, other than those they manage. This permission is generally intended for Recruiting roles or those managing the ATS.
- Recruiters - These users are allowed to view sensitive information about open jobs only, including target compensation levels and viewing all sensitive jobs. They are not allowed to make changes to the primary timeline, or access sensitive information about current employees other than those they manage.
Other access levels with the ability to open roles:
- Org Editor - These users are allowed to view all information, and make official, permanent changes to the primary timeline. This access should be restricted tightly and limited to a few authorized individuals in HR, Finance, or similar roles.
- Owner - These users are allowed full access to everything, including the ability to change user permissions, configure integrations, and alter organization-wide settings. Because of the scope involved, this access should be tightly restricted.
Where are metrics coming from?
ChartHop, once daily, pulls a list of candidates in Jobvite, and updates metrics based on the stages that the candidates are in.
Why did the job fail?
In case a jobs fails to be properly created, you can check for the following:
- Confirm that your API and Webhook credentials are correct.
- Confirm that your Hiring Manager and Recruiter have accounts in both ChartHop and Jobvite with the same email address.
- Confirm that Description was provided in Charthop
- Ensure that your teams match between ChartHop and Jobvite.
- Ensure that there are no teams with the same name across different departments in Jobvite. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should this occur.
Lastly, you can review any errors that occur during your sync in detail by checking your ATS app’s sync history page. Learn more.
Why did a hiring fail?
In the case a hiring fails, you can check the following:
- Confirm that an email has been provided for the candidate
- Ensure that the Jobvite Req ID field is mapped to the correct job. You can contact email@example.com if you need assistance with this.
- Be aware that we do not support internal transfers.
Data sync updates
When do updates for ChartHop to Jobvite job data flows push over?
Updates for ChartHop to Jobvite job data flows push over in the following cases:
- If a ChartHop Job has not already been mapped to a Jobvite requisition (e.g., no value in ChartHop's Jobvite ID field), the initial sync will occur when the ChartHop Job is turned to Active recruiting status in Primary.
- If a ChartHop Job has already been mapped to a Jobvite requisition (e.g., there IS a value in ChartHop Jobvite Req ID field), updates will sync over to Jobvite regardless of recruiting status (e.g., even if marked to Inactive, updates will sync over to Jobvite).
When do ChartHop jobs get created for Jobvite to ChartHop job data syncs?
ChartHop jobs are created for Jobvite to ChartHop job data syncs in the following cases:
- If a Jobvite requisition has not been mapped to a ChartHop Job, a new ChartHop Job will only be created if the Jobvite requisition is Open.
- If a Jobvite requisition has already been mapped to a ChartHop Job, updates will sync over to ChartHop regardless of status until the ChartHop Job is filled (after which no updates are synced).
How do I safely clean up roles that were accidentally duplicated during the sync?
To fix this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How should I support the setup for my ATS when there are different Departments or Teams between my ATS and payroll system?
The best practice is to leverage aliases. When aliases are present, if the Department or Team name doesn’t work, ChartHop attempts with aliases, next.
For example, if the Team in Jobvite is Contractor but the Team in ChartHop is Contract, if there is an alias attached to the ChartHop Team called Contractor, we’ll be able to sync into Jobvite’s Contractor team.
Why was Recruit status changed to Pending?
Recruit status can change to Pending for one of three reasons:
- Manually changing the status.
- Receiving a new hire webhook (pending new hire) for the job.
- Changing the Offer Accept Date will effective date Recruit status changing to Pending on the date selected for the offer acceptance date.