Troubleshooting Slack announcements
You can send notifications to Slack users according to Actions you set. For example, you can send reminders to fill out surveys or 1:1 forms, as well as work anniversary announcements.
Users can also send Slack messages to each other directly through a respective employee's profile.
If a Slack message doesn't reach the user as expected, it could be because the person’s profile in Slack isn’t connected to their profile in ChartHop.
Verify an employee's Slack ID in ChartHop
To see whose accounts are or are not connected, verify that the person has a Slack ID in ChartHop:
- Select Data Sheet from the left sidebar.
- On the Data Sheet page, choose Select Columns.
- In the Select Columns dialog, type Slack in the search bar.
- Select the check box for the Slack ID field to display this column in the Data Sheet.
- View which employees do not have a Slack ID or use the Filter (!contact.slack) to filter to only people without a Slack ID.
Troubleshoot Slack IDs
If you don’t see a Slack ID for an employee, there are several things you can do to troubleshoot:
- Verify that the person’s email in Slack is exactly the same as it is in ChartHop
- Verify that the person’s name in Slack is exactly the same as it is in ChartHop
- Re-sync Slack with ChartHop by clicking “Run one-time sync” on the Slack app Page
If all of this information aligns and you are still experiencing issues, we recommend you uninstall and reinstall the Slack app to ensure that ChartHop’s permissions are up to date.