Lever as the source of truth
An inbound job data flow brings open jobs from the ATS to ChartHop where the ATS is the source of truth. Inbound data flows support both on-demand syncs and scheduled daily syncs. In most cases, you can rely on daily syncs to pull updated hiring data from your ATS.
Data remains in and is updated within the ATS system. A daily sync pulls information from the ATS to ChartHop. You can also stream data ad-hoc through an on-demand Sync Jobs button that can be accessed within the ATS application configuration page in ChartHop.
When a hire is made in the ATS, ChartHop creates a pending new hire which starts an open job according to its assigned start date. Once the pending new hire’s information is also entered into the HRIS/payroll system, ChartHop will merge the payroll profile with the existing pending new hire using the pending new hire’s personal or work email as a unique identifier.
Inbound job data flows offer a few advantages over outbound job data flows which include:
- Recruiting teams only having to work out of the ATS.
- No changes are required to your standard hiring workflow.
- The process is often easier to start with and implement for first-time users.
Inbound job data flows are recommended if:
- You don't plan on using ChartHop as the source of truth for your hiring plan.
- You work with a team that is very comfortable with their current ATS workflow.
- You have specific data needs with your ATS that ChartHop can’t fulfill such as highly unique systems and data types.
- You do not plan to give recruiters access to ChartHop.