Preview a template
You can preview how your template displays. Previewing allows you to select a particular user and preview how the data is presented.
When you preview, select a particular employee and a date when you expect the template information to be current. For example, if you are previewing a template that informs an employee from the Engineering department that he will be promoted on a certain date, choose that employee and the effective date of the promotion.
To preview a template:
- From the Settings (gear) menu in the left sidebar, select Templates.
- Select a template from the template list. The template preview automatically display in the Preview section.
- In the Preview section, select an employee or role from the employee dropdown list.
- Select a date from the date picker.
- Your template then automatically displays both elements in the Preview section.