Retire compensation bands
If you want to start over and establish a new set of compensation bands, you can retire all your compensation bands so that they are no longer in effect.
To retire your compensation bands:
- Access your current compensation bands by selecting More and then selecting Compensation bands.
- Select Edit.
- In the Settings tab, navigate to the Retire section.
- Select Retire compensation bands.
- Select an effective date on which all compensation bands are retired.
- All compensation bands on or before the date you select will be retired.
- Enter RETIRE to confirm.
- Select Retire.
- All compensation bands, tiers, job levels, and multipliers are retired and no longer in effect. You can use the date slider in ChartHop to view retired compensation bands.
- Any jobs previously mapped to the compensation band will no longer show the compensation band.
Overlapping the effective dates of multiple compensation bands may lead to errors.
ChartHop recommends retiring compensation bands on a date that does not overlap with the effective dates of any new compensation bands. For example, suppose you are retiring a set of compensation bands today. When uploading a new set of compensation bands, define the effective date for tomorrow or another date in the future, so there is no overlap.
Updated 08 Mar 2023
Did this page help you?