Set smart currency defaults
You can configure a currency to apply by default in situations where monetary values don’t have a specified currency (for example, when you import a monetary value into ChartHop and the currency is not included).
The following currency default options can be applied (in any order):
- the job's defined currency
- the currency used in a person's home address country
- the currency used in the job location country
If any of these currency defaults are unavailable, you can also specify a currency to apply.
To set a smart currency default:
- From the left sidebar, select the Settings menu (gear icon) and select Org settings.
- Select the Currencies & costs tab.
- Navigate to the Smart currency defaults section.
- Enable the currency default options you want to apply. You can choose from the following:
- Job currency
- Person home address country
- Job location country
- Using the move icon (⋮⋮), select and drag the currency default options into the order you want them to apply.
- The currency default option in the 1st position is applied first.
- When that currency default option is not available, ChartHop applies the currency default option in the 2nd position, then the 3rd (when enabled).
- If you only enable one currency default option, that option automatically moves to the 1st position when you save your changes.
- From the dropdown list, select a currency to apply when all currency default options are unavailable.
- The currencies available in the dropdown are the currencies that are defined for your organization in the Currencies section of the Currencies & costs tab. Learn more.
- By default, your organization’s default currency is selected.
- Select Save to save and apply your changes.