Reject a submitted proposal
When you don’t agree with a proposed compensation change or want to return the compensation review to the original reviewer for more information, you can reject a submitted proposal.
To reject a submitted compensation proposal:
- Select the Changes & approvals tab in the compensation review.
- In the Proposals for approval section, select and review a proposal with a status of Ready for review.
- Select Reject request for the selected proposal. The Reject request dialog displays.
- Enter a reason for rejecting the proposal.
- Select Submit.
- The proposal status changes to Awaiting submission and it is sent back to the original requester. ChartHop notifies the reviewer who originally submitted the proposal that it was rejected and allows them to return to the compensation review and adjust their proposal.
As an approver, you also have the ability to enter employee-specific comments or overall comments in the Comments field to explain why you rejected the proposal and to suggest changes. Your comments are kept confidential and only the reviewers and approvers in your review structure have access to viewing and responding.