Set custom currency rates
You can define custom currency rates for use in your ChartHop organization by adding new custom currency rates or by editing conversion rates for existing currencies in your list.
You can add a new custom currency rate to your currencies list.
To add a custom currency rate:
- From the left sidebar, select Admin.
- From the sub-menu, select Financial.
- In the Currencies section, select + Add additional currency.
- In the fields that display:
- Currency - Select a currency from the dropdown list. The currencies that display in the list are populated from currencylayer.
- Conversion rate source - Select Custom from the dropdown list.
- Rate - Enter a custom currency rate.
- Effective date - Enter the date the custom rate goes into effect.
- Select Save at the bottom of the Currencies & costs tab to save your changes.
You can add multiple custom currencies at once by selecting + Add additional currency multiple times. To delete a new currency row, select the trash can icon.
You can edit the conversion rate for a currency that is already in your list.
To edit the conversion rate:
- From the left sidebar, select the Settings menu (gear icon) and select Org settings.
- Select the Currencies & costs tab.
- In the Currencies section, select the action menu at the left of the row for the currency you want to edit.
- Select Edit conversion rate. The Edit by rate dialog displays.
- In the Edit by rate dialog, select the Custom option.
- Enter the custom conversion rate. Once you enter a custom rate, the rate comparison against the default currency automatically updates underneath (for example, 1 USD = 1.25 CAD).
- Enter an effective date for the conversion rate change.
- Select Save.
Conversion rates are always based off of the US dollar (USD).
The rate comparisons that display underneath a rate are compared against the default currency for the organization.