Set your work location
You can update your current work location and home address directly from your employee profile.
Your work location is what displays to your organization on the Map. Other people in your organization are not able to see exact street addresses. Instead, they only see your city, state, and postal code on your employee profile. Your location on the map is randomized by zip code so others can’t see your exact location. Learn more.
When you work in an office location or are permanently remote, your work location defaults to that office or remote location defined for you by your organization. If you move to a different office, your ChartHop administrator can update your default office location.
Add or change a remote work address
When you have a temporary address dedicated to remote work that is different from your home address, you can set up another remote work location.
To set up another remote work location:
- Select your profile picture from the left sidebar.
- Select My profile.
- On your employee profile, select the View on Org Chart ▼ dropdown.
- Select Set work location.
- Select Other Location.
- Enter the address for your remote location.
- Make sure to enter a city, country, and zip code so that your location displays correctly on the map.
- Select Save location when you're done.
When you return to the office, you can return to the Set work location option and select Office to update your work location.